Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My last few hours...

This is it, folks. In less than 12 hours I will have turned fully 20 years old. It will happen on my way to algebra class. That is, if I'm on time. What special musing do I have on this occasion? What is going through my head other than that I'm hungry and my leg is falling asleep? Not much. Well, I'm trying to think of what to teach for youth group tomorrow evening at 6pm. If you have any ideas...
I know, I'll talk about the character of God! It's a passion of mine, knowing God. This could even become a "series". And prayer. We must have more group prayer. That is where things happen. Revival in Uganda broke out from a group of seven men praying together. Before long, it was thousands. At the 2000 New Year celebration Uganda made a covenant to serve and follow God for the next 1000 years. That is what I want. It starts with a few hearts fervantly seeking God and spreads like wildfire. It starts with me. It starts with you. Where are you in relation to your God? Oh, He's your God whether you recognize it or not. And one day your knees will bow and your tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. My question to you is this: will it be willingly with joy or will you be grieving that you wouldn't acknowledge it sooner? The Bible says in Paul's letter to the Roman church that no one is without excuse. God is in your face all day every day. What are you doing with this revelation? Embrace it, friend! It'll the be the most real thing that has ever happened to you.

No comments: