Friday, May 27, 2005

Green Apple Jones Soda

Today I was sitting in the Focus in the bank parking lot. It was about three pm. The sun was coming in the windshield at a steep angle and I broke the seal on a green apple Jones. What happened next moved me deeply. The sun backlit the smooth, quiet, emeraldness of the cool liquid. When the first hiss of escaped pressure broke the reverant silence, dozens of dozens of tiny bubbles danced upward to join their friends gathering at the surface, all with one goal: freedom. Freedom to dance their jolly way past the mouth of the bottle and spill unfettered down the outside of the neck to drip down my arm and splash from my elbow onto my newly washed Nautica jeans. The sight of the sudden appearance of those little jewel-like bubbles caused me to draw my breath in sharply at the beauty of such a simple, natural thing as carbonization. Sure, I had seen bubbles in soda pop before, but the green, sunlit dancers was a new experience for me. I can only hope that you see it for yourself someday. Support the little man and buy a Jones soda. I am not being paid to say this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's me bill. thought I would comment on this one.

I too love the complexity of the simple things in life, they point to a perfect order created by a perfect and orderly being. who are we to deny this? I ask myself at times. and the answere is always the same. not worthy rebelious sinful man and cannot deny it without the Lord handing us over to are depraved mind.But even then there is penalty to it that has been payed for by the Lord almighty.

by the way what is green apple jones soda?

Kacey said...

Jones soda is made by a small company in Canada. Their labels are pictures customers send in.