Monday, October 23, 2006

The Fingers of God

I had a good week. Thursday Anders asked me if I had had any time with the Lord that day. I hadn't. I had all the time in the world, no school, the day off work, but I just didn't. So he took me in his arms and invited me to take some time in the arms of Christ and commune with Him. I closed my eyes and pictured myself in the arms of my Abba. I smiled and thought, "But God is always stroking my hair when I'm talking to Him." A few seconds later, Anders reached up and started running his fingers through my hair as we joined each other at the throne of grace in prayer and worship. It always amazes me how God cares about the little things and uses His children to bless each other with His heart. It was the most real worship time I had had for a while. I thank you, Father, for Your tender heart, and for giving Your heart for me to Anders. Thank you that I see my heavenly Bridegroom in his eyes. Thank you for giving him what it takes to be the spiritual leader a man needs to be for his family. Thank you for the love You have given us for each other. Again, and always, may it be a dim reflection of our love for You. Like the light of the moon is just a reflection of the light of the sun. You are our sun, and we will be the moon. The light is not of us, but we will show it to the world.

No comments: