Sunset over the ocean
like a scoop of fire being
dropped into the sea
Clouds like pink and orange rainbows
of finest silk hang and shift
in the salty breeze The sky to
the east slowly darkens
to the deepest of blues as
tiny prickpoints of stars sparkle to life against their
velvety backdrop Worship of the
Creator
swells from deep within
my soul like the rising of the tide
and pours from my eyes in the form
of grateful tears I do
not understand the fact that the
Designer and Arranger
of this wonder knows me intimately
and still loves me like no one ever will
He calls me to know Him this Untamed Lion who is
never safe but always good
I tremble I do not understand
but I accept this mystery with faith
He
has given to me I breathe
deeply inhaling the fragrance of Your breath
down into my lungs
praying to be changed
into Your likeness
like a scoop of fire being
dropped into the sea
Clouds like pink and orange rainbows
of finest silk hang and shift
in the salty breeze The sky to
the east slowly darkens
to the deepest of blues as
tiny prickpoints of stars sparkle to life against their
velvety backdrop Worship of the
Creator
swells from deep within
my soul like the rising of the tide
and pours from my eyes in the form
of grateful tears I do
not understand the fact that the
Designer and Arranger
of this wonder knows me intimately
and still loves me like no one ever will
He calls me to know Him this Untamed Lion who is
never safe but always good
I tremble I do not understand
but I accept this mystery with faith
He
has given to me I breathe
deeply inhaling the fragrance of Your breath
down into my lungs
praying to be changed
into Your likeness
1 comment:
I wrote this on our way to Portland, OR to visit family.
Post a Comment